Posts tagged SPARK
Posts tagged SPARK
Y’all have been asking us for MONTHS and the time is finally here! From today until May 19th, we’ll be accepting apps to join the SPARKteam. We are looking for:
- girls (including trans girls!) between the ages of 13 and 22
- who are into blogging, activism, and organizing
- who want to join a team of activists making local and national change
- who are located anywhere on this beautiful earth
- who have 15-25 hours a month to dedicate to the cause
We can offer you:
- A supportive environment of girls and women who love to collaborate, communicate ideas and support each other.
- The chance to learn how to plan and execute both local and national activist campaigns.
- Writing experience! You’ll be a published blogger with a repertoire of online work.
- Online trainings and workshops to help you hone your feminist knowledge.
- Real and valuable experience in the world of activism.
- The opportunity to make your voice heard through media appearances, speaking engagements, and more—SPARK girls have given TED talks, testified at the UN, and been on Nick News, among other things.
- Money! We pay $25 per blog/action.
Click through for deets & to apply!
Applications close TOMORROW, y’all! Send yours in!
I’ve met so many rad girls (including our diarist Britney) through Spark!; this is a great and fun program for any budding activists or journalists out there. -AA
About the SPARK Organizing Intensive
The SPARK Organizing Intensive (SOI) will be an inter-generational (ages 13 – 50) group of fierce individuals interested in being trained on or deepening their skills around organizing and leading campaigns during the 2013 legislative session.
The SOI is geared towards supporting and empowering women of color (while centering the experiences of Black Women), young people, and LGBTQ youth of color on issues that impact their lives and will provide an opportunity for new and experienced organizers and activists to dig deep on pressing issues that affect our communities across identities, gain concrete organizing and campaign building skills, and directly organize and support community events and projects throughout 2013.
The 6-month program begins with a mandatory retreat in December 2012. SOI trainings will occur twice a month from January to May and will alternate between political education and skill development. You are required to attend at least 5 of the 10 offered trainings.
SOI participants will also be expected to assist in the planning and implementation of 5 major SPARK events.
What’s expected of me as an SOI Participant?
SOI members are expected to:
- Attend the December retreat.
- Attend at least 5 of the 10 offered trainings.
- Take on an active leadership role during the 2013 legislative session.
- Commit to and complete a final community project by June 2013.
- Bring an open, willing spirit and positive attitude that lends to community building and friendship.
- Be curious, stretch, and have fun!
- Be willing to fight for the dignity and safety for all families!
The deadline to apply is December 7, 2012. Applicants will be notified no later than December 14th of their acceptance. For more information, contact Bianca Campbell at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Join us in creating a Georgia that respects our bodies and our futures! Click here to apply.
Women of color (13 – 50), young people (13 – 24), and LGBTQ youth of color (13 – 24) are highly encouraged to apply. Ideal candidates will live in SPARK’s target neighborhoods of South Atlanta, the West End, and Kirkwood.
This is an awesome program; apply if you can!